This Policy applies to any information you provide to GeoStar and any information we collect from other sources. For information on our privacy practices as it relates to Symphony, please visit https://symphony.mygeostar.com/privacy. This Policy is a statement of our practices and of your rights regarding your information.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- When do we collect your information?
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- What choices do you have about your personal information?
- Do we transfer your personal information across geographies?
- How long do we retain your personal information?
- Third party links
- How do we protect your information?
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Do we collect information from children?
- Contacting Us
When do we collect your information?
GeoStar and its Suppliers collect information relating to you and your use of our websites in order to provide services and features that are easy to use and responsive to your needs. GeoStar collects personal information in the following ways:
- From you when you purchase products or request service from us. We collect information from you when you purchase products from us, register an account with us, request information by entering information in the Ã¢â‚¬Å“Contact Us" form, send us email, send us postal mail, or speak with us on the telephone.
- When you engage with us on social media. When you interact with us over social media, we may collect information about you. We have a presence on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- From Third Party Sources. We may collect information from our dealers, distributors, or suppliers who help us to provide services or from other third-party suppliers.
- When you apply for a position at GeoStar. You may provide this information directly through an online portal or careers site, via correspondence, or provided via an agency.
What information do we collect?
Information you provide to us
When you provide personal information to us, we use it for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection or as obvious from the context of collection. For example, when you provide information when applying for a position at GeoStar or creating a profile on a websites or application, we will use that information to process your candidacy. We may collect the following information:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- User Name
- Communication Preferences
- Builder, Contractor, or Architect name
- Unit Model Number and Serial Number
- Unit Installation Date
- Marital Status
- Home Size
- Home Value
- Home Location
- Household Income
- User generated content, such as comments, reviews, photos, videos, and social media interactions
Information we and our third party suppliers collect over GeoStar websites, emails, and social media.
When you use our websites, open our emails, or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device, we and our third party suppliers automatically collect information about how you access and use the websites and information about the device you use to access the websites. We typically collect this information through a variety of tools, including cookies, web beacons, pixels, social media widgets, and similar technology (collectively, "tracking technologies"). We and our third party partners may automatically collect such information as:
- IP Address
- Device Type
- Browser Type
- Operating System or Platform
- Name of Internet Service Provider
- Referring Websites
- Exiting Websites
- Pages visited on the websites
- Frequency, time, data, and duration of your visit on our websites
- Your location
- Whether you open emails from us
- Links you click on in our emails and on our websites, including ads
- Whether you access our websites from multiple devices
- Other interaction you may have on our websites
- Device Unique Device Identifier (e.g., Unique Device Identifier (UDID) or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI))
- Mobile device MAC or IP address
- Information about your mobile carrier
- Home size
- Communications relating to customer support, and information drawn from such communications, for statistical and reference
How do we use your personal information?
The following is a description of how we use the information about you that we collect from you and from other sources.
Performing services at your request
We process personal information in order to provide the services you request as well as to respond to communications from you. The precise purposes for which your personal information is processed will be determined by your request, and by applicable laws, regulatory guidance and professional standards.
Conducting data analytics and supporting our websites
We use information we collect from you and information that we collect automatically using cookies, web beacons, pixels, and other tracking technologies to manage and improve our websites and our business. We take steps to ensure that your rights and the legitimacy of GeoStar's activities are safeguarded. For example, GeoStar may use your de-identified information and combine it with the de-identified information of others to generate statistics as a source of data for our products. For example, we use information to:
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and developing and improving services, and improving our websites' performance and functionality. For example, we analyze website user behavior and conduct research and analysis about the way you and other websites users use our services.
- To manage risk and protect the websites. We use data to better protect our services, our websites, and you by helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the websites and our services.
Cookies, Web Beacons, Pixels, and Other Tracking Technologies
We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our websites, login to your account on our websites, or otherwise engage with us. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our websites and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps" located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We use Oracle Eloqua to assist us in collecting and analyzing websites user data for marketing purposes. To learn more about Oracle Eloqua, please click here.
- To provide you with location-specific services. If you elect to share your location information with us, we may use that information to tailor options, functionality or offers related to your location.
- To market our own products and services to you. Information we collect about you and how you use the websites and our services provides valuable information about how we can improve and offer additional products and services that we think might interest you.
- Conduct internal monitoring and training.
- Develop new services.
- Conduct processing necessary to fulfill other contractual obligations for you.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We will use your information as necessary to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Sometimes we may de-identify information by removing any identifier that can be associated with your personal information. De-identified information helps us develop reports and analyses about how our customers use our System and for other research such as research regarding behavioral inferences. We may share de-identified information and reports and analyses based on de-identified information publically and with other companies. We also use de-identified information to troubleshoot technical issues with our System and to compile statistics and reports of usage of the System. To enable technical support, de-identified information may be identified by an anonymous random number, which is not connected to any of your personal information. To further protect your privacy, de-identify information does not include contact information or any other information that would identify any specific individual or household.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personal information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We do not share your personal information with third parties except in the circumstances discussed below.
We may share your personal information with other GeoStar entities, brands, divisions, and subsidiaries to serve you, including for the activities listed above.
Our Business Partners
We disclose personal information to dealers, distributors, contractors, advertisers, merchants, consumer and market research companies and other organizations, or suppliers who help us provide services or to other third-party suppliers who provide certain specialized services to us, to provide services on our behalf, or who co-operate with us on projects. These business partners operate as separate controllers, and are responsible for their own compliance with data protection laws.
These third-parties are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services or to comply with legal requirements.
We may disclose aggregated, de-identified information, and analyses and reports derived from such information to third parties including utilities, service providers, suppliers, advertisers, merchants, consumer and market research companies and other organizations. If the System is distributed by one of our distributors or strategic partners, they may have the same access to your information as we do. They have agreed to treat such personal information as outlined herein unless they have another agreement with you.
We may use independent contractors to assist with our operations. Such contractors provide services necessary for us to provide the System or conduct legitimate business activities in connection with the System. Some of these contractors will have temporary access to our databases of personal information. Their access to such information will be limited to specific tasks. We also use third parties to help with certain aspects of our operations, which may require disclosure of your information to them. For example, we may use a third party to communicate with you (via telephone, email, or letter) about your account or upcoming features or services, to process and collect payment for your Services via your credit card, to generate demographic profiles based on information of our customers, and to perform other work as part of or in relation to the System that we may need to outsource. These contractors and third parties are responsible and liable if they misuse any of your information.
Legal Requirements and Business Transfers
We may disclose personal information (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other government official requests, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity; (iv) in connection with an internal audit; or (v) in the event that GeoStar is subject to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
What choices do you have about your personal information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what personal information we obtain about you and share with others. How can you update your information and communication preferences?
If you have created a profile or account on our websites, you can update your contact information after you log into your account.
You may unsubscribe from emails from us by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any promotional email from us. You may also contact us by e-mail or postal address as noted below. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Pixels
You may also opt out using tools provided by the following industry groups:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): https://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI): https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- European Interactive Digital Adverting Alliance (EDAA): https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and https://www.edaa.eu/
For browser-specific information on how to adjust cookie configurations on the following browsers, please click on the relevant link below:
- Internet Explorer
- Safari - OSX/Mac OS; iOS
To learn more about your choices to opt out of tracking by Oracle Eloqua, please click here.
Do Not Track
Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring Do Not Track ("DNT") signals, we do not respond to them at this time.
Do we transfer your personal information across geographies?
If you are in another country, we may transfer personal information across geographical borders to GeoStar entities, authorized service providers, or business partners in other countries working on our behalf in accordance with applicable law. We, our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties may be based locally or in other countries outside of your own, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. GeoStar is based in the United States, which has not been determined by the European Commission to not have an adequate level of data protection.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Policy unless a longer retention period is permitted by law.
In specific circumstances, we may store your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our websites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We urge you to read the privacy policies of other websites before submitting any information to those websites.
How do we protect your information?
GeoStar has implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security standards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We strive to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use or disclosure, using security technologies and procedures, such as encryption and limited access. Only authorized individuals access your personal information, and they receive training about the importance of protecting personal information.
Our affiliates, business partners, and other third-parties are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at legal@GeoStar.com or writing to us at:
Attn: Legal Dept
9000 Conservation Way
Fort Wayne, IN 46809
Do we collect information from children?
Our websites are not directed to children under the age of 18 years and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 years on our websites. Children under the age of 16 years are prohibited from using our websites.
9000 Conservation Way
Fort Wayne, IN 46809
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our websites, and we will update the effective date at the bottom of this Policy. By continuing to use our websites after being notified of material changes to this Policy, you agree that the terms of this Policy as of the effective date will apply to information previously collected or collected in the future.
This policy was last modified on 12/05/2018.`